Meet Edison, the super affordable, LEGO compatible, programmable robot just got better with the release of version 2.0. The Edison Robot Kit is your stepping stone into the exciting world of science and technology!
- Precision Driving - Edison Robot V2.0 has wheel encoders. Wheel encoders allow Edison to travel specific distances at exact speeds. Think of it as cruise control. Edison can now also turn to specific angles (using EdPyApp.com) and drive straight – VERY straight.
- Clutch mechanism - Edison Robot V2.0 has a clutch in each gear box that prevents damage to the gears if the wheels are forced around. This means Edison V2.0 is even tougher.
- More power
- Longer range obstacle detection
- Longer battery life
- A more sensitive clap sensor
- More programme memory
More programming options - Edison’s graphical programming software, EdWare is getting some friends. Meet EdPy, EdBlocks & EdScratch.
- EdBlocks is a super simple graphical programming language for introducing younger students to programming. EdBlocks is based on Scratch Blocks created by the MIT Media Lab and Google. Check it out here www.edblocksapp.com.
- NEW EdScratch is a vertical drag-and-drop block-based system that has been developed using the Scratch Blocks code base developed by the MIT Media Lab from the Blockly code base developed by Google. Check it out here www.edscratchapp.com.
- EdPy is a Python based programming environment for Edison. It’s FREE, online and the best way we can think of to introduce students to a written programming language. Students can now write programs in Python and see their code come to life in Edison. Check it out here www.edpyapp.com.
- FREE robotics lesson plans
- FREE robotics activity mat
- FREE EdBooks
- LEGO® compatible
- Easy to use - suitable for all ages
- Built to last
I ordered an Edison Robot setup for our College last year. They have been a massive hit with our Year 7's of 2020 and 2021 and will continue to be used in the Year 7 program for years to come.
The Edison is such a useful tool to teach coding/robotics. Its greatest feature is that it does not download student created programs through USB but via the microphone port which makes it more versatile in a BYOD school environment. Great product!
Who is Edison for?
Edison Robot is for students of all ages. You can learn computer programming just like other robotics systems which can cost much, much more. Edison is a great resource for teachers as classroom sets are now very affordable for schools – it’s now possible to have one robot per student. Edison is the perfect teaching and learning robot for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) activities!
What can Edison do?
- Navigate his way around by detecting obstacles to his left or right
- Be controlled by a standard TV/DVD remote
- Follow a line or stay within a boarder
- Follow a flash light
- Communicate with another Edison using infrared light – robot swarm anyone?!!
- Play beeps and musical tunes
- Respond to clapping and other loud sounds
- Move in any direction through his differential drive system
- infrared obstacle detectors (left and right)
- line tracking sensor
- light sensors (left and right)
- infrared receiver
- infrared transmitter
- piezo sounder
- sound sensor
- two motors with variable speeds
- left and right red LED lights
- and three control buttons
NEW EdScratch - Scratch Based Coding
EdScratch is a vertical block-based visual programming language based on Scratch. EdScratch combines the ease of drag-and-drop programming with powerful functionality and versatility. The result is a robot programming language that is easy to learn and offers a robust platform for computer science education.
EdScratch is available online with no installation, no driver software and as always FREE! Just plug your Edison in and start programming!
Use EdScratch online FREE
EdBlock - Block Based Coding
The EdBlock App uses block based code to make programming your edison a breeze. The block code programming language uses DRIVE, OUTPUTS, WAIT UNTIL, CONTROL and START EVENTS that easily connect together like a puzzle.
EdBlock is available online, just like the EdWare software there is no installation, no driver software and is completely FREE.
Use EdBlock online FREE
EdPy - Python Based Coding
EdPy is based on Python, a popular computer programming language renowned for being easy-to-learn with high readability. With EdPy, students are learning the core of a real programming language and are able to take their exploration of robotics and coding to a more advanced level.
EdPy is available online with no installation, no driver software and is completely FREE.
Use EdPy online FREE