No longer available.Every student needs to know what time it is in the morning so they won’t be late for school. In this project students will design, print and then build their very own LED digital clock!
Each student receives their own kit which contains the electronic components needed to build their clock. They also receive a CAD file which is a starting point for their design, as well as a student workbook which guides them through the design process.
Students will research existing products, conceptualise and develop their own ideas and then 3D print and assemble their clock to take home! This is a great STEM project for teachers to do further teaching on topics such as time, temperature, LED’s and electronics!
- LED digital clock electronics kit(s)
- Student workbook(s)
- Base STL file (students build their design upon the base STL file)
- Example concept STL file (to 3D print and assemble an example project)
- Teachers guidebook (for c lass packs of 6 and above)
- - 2 x AA batteries not included
Example STEM class lessons include
- Electricity (e.g. Voltage, current etc).
- Time (e.g. Units of time, time zones).
- Temperature (as the clock also displays temperature).
- Electronic components such as LED’s, batteries and PCB’s.
- Manufacturing processes (e.g. How PCB’s are made).