RVR+ is Sphero’s revolutionary take on the programmable robot. It’s drivable right out of the box, packed with a diverse suite of sensors, and built for customization. This robot is a hackable mobile platform for beginners, educators, students, and tech hobbyists. Students learn computer basics and coding using the free Sphero Edu app or advanced programmers can level up using the Public Sphero SDK to program with Python and connect third-party hardware.
- No assembly or complicated setup required
- Advanced sensors - including an improved colour sensor
- Enhanced gearbox - for improved torque, payload capacity and durability
- Program it with the Sphero EDU App or Sphero Public SDK and API libraries
- Build on it - simple enough for the novice and advanced enough to create anything you imagine
- Rechargeable battery - new and improved, and swappable
A new more powerful motor, all-terrain treads, and plenty of torque to give you the freedom to drive you Sphero RVR+ just about anywhere. The RVR+ also features a precise, professional-level control system that won’t be deterred by obstacles or uneven surfaces.
The Sphero RVR+'s on-board sensors include a magnetometer, accelerometer, colour sensor, light sensor, IR, and gyroscope. Navigate RVR+ through a colour maze or tap into IR to play with bot-to-bot communication.
With RVR+’s 4-pin UART expansion port and on-board power, you can attach and run third-party hardware like Arduino, BBC micro:bit, Raspberry Pi or LittleBits. Want RVR+ to be your home security sentry, an autonomous metal detector or an environmental sensor you can control over the internet? Chances are, if you can hack it, RVR+ can do it.
Sphero Edu App
Sphero Edu provides a toolset that is unbounded in its potential by weaving hardware, software, and community engagement together. While coding and 21st century skills are necessary, our program also goes beyond code by incorporating robotics and technology with collaborative STEAM activities, nurturing students’ imaginations in ways no other education program can.
Sphero Edu uses app-enabled robots to foster creativity through discovery and play, all while laying the foundation for computer science. Cross-platform apps are approachable for all skill levels, allowing us to reach as many minds as possible.
Program 3 Different Ways
Designed for learner progression, the Sphero Edu App allows you to program your robot 3 different ways.
Works with: Chrome, Android, IOS, Kindle, macOS and Windows.
- 1x RVR+ Robot
- 1x Cover plate and developer plate with quick-release button
- 1x Roll cage
- Recargeable Battery
- Universal, 4-Pin UART expansion port for connecting 3rd party hardware
- 5V 2.1A USB-A onboard connectivity to power your projects using RVR+’s battery