Circuit Playground Express is the next step towards a perfect introduction to electronics and programming. We've taken the original Circuit Playground Classic and made it even better! Not only did we pack even more sensors in, we also made it even easier to program.
Bonus Offer - Get a FREE set of 5 Alligator Clips with each Playground Classic or Playground Express.
- 10x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any color
- 1x Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection)
- 1x Temperature sensor (thermistor)
- 1x Light sensor (phototransistor). Can also act as a color sensor and pulse sensor.
- 1x Sound sensor (MEMS microphone)
- 1x Mini speaker with class D amplifier (7.5mm magnetic speaker/buzzer)
- 2x Push buttons, labeled A and B
- 1x Slide switch
- Infrared receiver and transmitter - can receive and transmit any remote control codes, as well as send messages between Circuit Playground Expresses. Can also act as a proximity sensor.
- 8x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins
- Includes I2C, UART, 8 pins that can do analog inputs, multiple PWM output
- 7 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs and the 1 remaining is a true analog output
- Green "ON" LED so you know its powered
- Red "#13" LED for basic blinking
- Reset button
- ATSAMD21 ARM Cortex M0 Processor, running at 3.3V and 48MHz
- 2 MB of SPI Flash storage, used primarily with CircuitPython to store code and libraries.
- MicroUSB port for programming and debugging
- USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick or MIDI!
Because you can program the same board in 4 different ways - the Express has great value and re-usability. From beginners to experts, Circuit Playground Express has something for everyone. If you are looking for the original, Arduino-only Circuit Playground, check out the Circuit Playground Classic.