The Lesson in a Box (Simple Robotics) is a complete set of electronics and teaching resources to enable successful cross-curricular lessons with minimal teacher effort. The kit and teaching resources have been tried and tested by real pupils and developed by real teachers to save you time. We know how busy you are!
In developing this box we wanted it to be affordable, useful and robust enough for teachers to use again and again. The resources cover not only the KS3/KS4 specifications but also personal development by encouraging pupils to view traditional STEM activities as having value across their curriculum.
All of the teaching resources are set out in a teacher, user-friendly' way, including technicians notes, lesson plans, resources and workbooks or worksheets. There is also an introduction to the Lesson in a Box kit that gives a overview of its contents, set up guides for technicians and an overview of the included lessons. As has been mentioned, this kit is cross-curricular and has been designed for DT, Computing & Physics.
The robots utilse the BBC microbit and a clippable motor driver board designed specifically for this type of activity. The advantages of the microbit are that, while being easy to use, it is feature packed and it can be coded with languages that suit every ability level.
Kitronik Lesson in a Box Features
- The Lesson in a Box (Simple Robotics) is a complete set of electronics and teaching resources to enable successful cross-curricular lessons with minimal teacher effort.
- No soldering required for technicians or students.
- The kit and teaching resources have been tried and tested by real pupils and developed by real teachers.
- The kit includes technicians notes, lesson plans, resources and workbooks or worksheets.
- The kit has been designed to be used over and over again, all component parts were chosen/designed with this in mind.
- Packaged in a sturdy reusable Grantnells tray that will keep the kits together and safe in between uses.
- It's fun to teach and fun to learn!
Kitronik Lesson in a Box Includes
There are 10 student sets and 1 teacher set of Electronics (11 sets in total) supplied in a large reusable tray. Each set includes:
- 1 x Kitronik Klip Motor Driver Board for BBC micro:bit
- 2 x Kitronik clippable TT motor boards (with cable tie and screws)
- 2 x Right Angle Geared Hobby TT motors
- 2 x 5 Spoke Injection Moulded Wheels for TT Motors
- 1 x Set of 10 clip leads
- 1 x Ping pong ball for robot castor
- 1x Simple chassis template
Each Lesson in a Box (Simple Robotics) kit comes with a USB stick drive that contains the following:
- KS3 Design and technology project 6 weeks Design Challenge.
- KS4 Design and technology lesson for KS4 Prototyping.
- KS3 Computing Lesson - Sequencing, selection and iteration.
- KS4 Computing Lesson - Computational Thinking; decomposition, pattern recognition, abstraction and algorithms.
- KS3 Physics/ Combined Science - Distance Time Experiments.
- KS3 Physics/ Combined Science - Velocity- Time Experiments.
- Enrichment for Open Evening Obstacle Robot Challenge.
- Enrichment for Stretch and Challenge Dance Robot Challenge.
- Main Robot Build Instructions.