This Kitronik Lesson in a Box Primary Computing Pack is a comprehensive bundle of electronics and educational materials, designed to make it easier to deliver curricular-aligned, Ofsted-approved lessons with minimal teacher input. Through extensive testing by real students and teachers, this kit and its accompanying resources have been proven to be a time-saving solution.
We constructed this box to be economical, functional, and strong enough for educators to utilize repeatedly. The materials are aligned to the KS2 Computing curriculum and have connections to KS2 Science.
The teacher-friendly teaching resources include comprehensive notes, lesson plans, and worksheets in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and PDF formats. Each document can be edited, adjusted, and printed in accordance with individual teaching needs. Additionally, a quick start guide is included to provide a complete overview of the Lesson in a Box contents, as well as information regarding the micro:bit, code samples, and more.
- The Lesson in a Box Primary Computing Pack is a complete set of electronics and teaching resources to enable successful curricular lessons with minimal teacher effort.
- The box covers 4 of the progress 7 curricula for the National Curriculum for KS2 Computing, and also covers 4 of the progress 9 curricula for the National Curriculum for KS2 Science.
- No soldering is required for technicians or students.
- The kit and teaching resources have been tried and tested by real pupils and developed by real teachers.
- The kit includes technicians' notes, lesson plans, resources and workbooks or worksheets.
- The kit has been designed to be used over and over again, all component parts were chosen/designed with this in mind.
- Packaged in a sturdy reusable Grantnells tray that will keep the kits together and safe in between uses.
- It's fun to teach and fun to learn!
There are 10 student and 1 teacher sets of Electronics (11 sets in total) supplied in a reusable Gratnells tray. Each set includes:
- 1x LAB:bit
- 1x 5 spoke injection moulded Wheel and tyre for the motor
- 1x 3xAA Battery cage
- 1x Printed A4 Piano
- 1x Printed A4 Snakes and Ladders style board
- 1x Printed A3 Build Instructions
The USB drive contains
- A Quick Start Guide
- Full teaching resources for 11 lessons, including PowerPoint presentations, worksheets, schemes of work, and some printed material.
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to BBC micro:bit and MakeCode
- Lesson 2 – Inputs and Outputs
- Lesson 3 – Physical Systems
- Lesson 4 – Algorithms
- Lesson 5 – Traffic Lights
- Lesson 6 – Traffic Light with Crossing
- Lesson 7 – Brightness Control
- Lesson 8 – Speed Control
- Lesson 9 – Sound Meter
- Lesson 10 – Echolocation
- Lesson 11 – Musical Instrument
- The Primary Computing Pack covers the following curriculum areas for Key Stage 2 (age 8-11).
- Computing KS2
- Science KS2 (Year 4 Sound)
- Science KS2 (Year 6 Light)
- Maths KS2 (Year 5 Measurement)
- Maths KS2 (Year 5&6 Statistics)
- Example Code
- Templates for the Zeotrope to be printed