The Makey Makey Classic uses the web based key remapping rather than the Arduino IDE remapping that the Makey Makey Original uses, making it an easier process.
Makes STEM Education fun! Start out easy with a banana piano. First setup takes seconds. Then make game controllers, musical instruments, and countless inventions. Advance to additional inputs and multi-key remapping up to 18 keys.
- Turn everyday objects like bananas into touchpads!
- Connect the world around you to your computer! Setup takes just seconds.
- Just plug, clip, and play! No programing knowledge needed. No software to install. Works with Mac and Windows.
- 1000s of possibilities! Draw your own game controller, sneak a cat selfie, and dance like never before.
- Ages 8 to infinity.
Scratch is an easy way to code your own Makey Makey project, with a vertical drag-and-drop block-based system developed by the MIT Media Lab.
The Makey Makey Classic has an option if you ever need to change the default keys. To remap the key, you will need to go online and head over to JoyLabz using any internet browser.
Key Remapping Resources
Makey Makey Apps
- Scratch Piano
- Sound Effects
- Flash Flash Revolution
- Chamber Music Piano
- Platform Rush v0.2
Makey Makey works with any software that uses the keyboard or mouse. You can really use any web page or any computer app.
Makey Makey Apps Resources
- Makey Makey Board HID V1.2
- USB Cable
- 7 Alligator Clips
- 6 Connector Wires
- Instructions with Visual Project Start Guide
- Online Documentation
- 20 Color Stickers
The Makey Makey Classic - Named one of Consumer Reports’ “Best Tech Toys of 2014", "Best of Toy Fair 2014" by Popular Science, and a finalist for Toy of the Year 2016.