Measuring at 122 cm x 201 cm, the Sphero Activity Mat 2 is a robust vinyl floor mat. Its wipe clean, tough wearing surface is designed for classroom use. Sphero Activity Mat 2 is designed to work with the Sphero 2.0, SPRK, SPRK+, Sphero Mini and the Sphero Edu platform. This mat is a wonderful resource for use in the classroom that will develop key coding skills, that are linked to everyday curriculum outcomes.
The Activity Mat is supported by a multitude of great activities. In use, simply open up the Sphero Edu app, connect a Sphero robot to the device, roll out the mat and students will be ready to go and create their own algorithms, problem solve and debug using the Draw, Block or Text projects, while Sphero navigates through each engaging activity.
There are 4 complex mazes that are reversible which means that there are 8 activities on the mat. 4 groups of 2 students can work on the mat at any one time, each with a Sphero. Students should place the Sphero at ‘Start Here’ at the beginning of each maze and program it to move to the centre of the mat. Students can extend the challenges by programming the Sphero from the centre of the mat back to the beginning of each maze. Students should use a Blocks or Text project in the Sphero Edu app.
While completing each maze, take images and videos as evidence that you have completed it. It’s always good to share your successes!
Extend the challenge you can do by completing the Maze backwards from the Finish to the Start and by racing 2 Spheros against each other
- Easy to use: Simply roll out the mat, place robots on the mat, open the Sphero Edu app, connect robots and start playing
- Create algorithms, problem solve and debug using the Draw, Block or Text projects, while Sphero navigates through each engaging activity
- Designed for classroom use and made from robust vinyl for durability
- Wipe clean, tough wearing surface
- Sphero Activity Mat is best used with a group of students and at least two Spheros