This is the Classic version of Circuit Playground, which comes with an ATmega32u4. It's designed to be used with Arduino IDE and code.org CS Discoveries only. It even comes with Firmata already programmed in, so you can use it immediately with code.org Discoveries without any preparation or updates.
Bonus Offer - Get a FREE set of 5 Alligator Clips with each Playground Classic or Playground Express.
Circuit Playground features an ATmega32u4 processor, just like the popular FLORA. The board's also round and has alligator-clip pads around it so you don't have to solder or sew to make it work. You can power it from USB, a AAA battery pack, or with a Lipoly battery (for advanced users). Just program your code into the board then take it on the go!
- ATmega32u4 Processor, running at 3.3V and 8MHz
- MicroUSB port for programming and debugging with Arduino IDE
- USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick or MIDI
- 10x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any color
- 1x Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection)
- 1x Temperature sensor (thermistor)
- 1x Light sensor (phototransistor)
- 1x Sound sensor (MEMS microphone)
- 1x Mini speaker (magnetic buzzer)
- 2x Push buttons, left and right
- 1x Slide switch
- 8x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins
- Includes I2C, UART, and 4 pins that can do analog inputs/PWM output
- All 8 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs
- Green "ON" LED so you know its powered
- Red "#13" LED for basic blinking
- Reset button