The Minibit is the younger sibling of the popular and well-loved Bit:Bot. It comes ready-built (wheels need pushing on, and the pen holder top part can be screwed on if required).
A Makecode extension is available - just search for Minibit in the Advanced/Extensions tab. Blocks available for driving the motors, LEDs and optional ultrasonic sensor and line follower module.
Note: Does not Include BBC micro:bit. The BBC micro:bit can be purchased separately here.
- 2 micro-metal gear motors. Both fully controllable in software, for both speed (0 to 100%) and direction (forward or reverse)
- Fully enclosed gearboxes to minimise the ingress of dust and fluff
- Wheels with rubber tyres for maximum grip
- Metal ball front caster
- 4 FireLeds along the front. Select any colour for any pixel, produce stunning lighting effects as your Minibit moves around
- Integrated pen holder sits directly between the wheels for best operation. Designed for Sharpie felt tips but any pen with 10mm end shaft will fit
- Powered from integrated 3xAA battery holder with on/off switch and blue indicator LED
- Easily plug your BBC micro:bit in and out using the edge connector
- Microbit pins 0, 1, 2 as well as 0V and 3V brought to croc-clip friendly edge connections
- Robust connector for optional Ultrasonic sensor (and other addons)