Take your robotics project to the next level with the Kitronik compact 16 servo driver board for the BBC micro:bit. This board allows you to connect up to 16 RC servos and drive them simultaneously. It is based on the PCA9685 driver IC.
The board includes an edge connector for the BBC micro:bit as well as includes expansion pads allowing this board to be connected to other compatible micro:bit accessory boards using the Link and plugable pin header.
Power is provided to the board via either a terminal block or servo style connector. The supply is then controlled by an on/off switch on the board. There is also a green LED to indicate whether the board is turned on or not. The board then produces a regulated 3.3V supply which is fed into the 3V and GND connections to power the BBC micro:bit. This removes the need to power the micro:bit separately. The 3V and GND pins are also broken out on the Link header which means external devices can also be powered.
Custom blocks for the MakeCode editor have been created by Kitronik to simplify using the Compact 16 Servo Drive Board for the micro:bit. To add them to the editor, select the cog icon in the top right of the editor. Select Extensions from the drop-down menu and in the search bar type and enter Kitronik. Pick the Kitronik 12C-16-servo tile from the list and the new blocks will be added to the menu in the editor.
- Drive up to 16 servo motors.
- Servos take power directly from the board power supply.
- Standard 0.1" pitch servo connectors.
- Link Standard compatible.
- This board also features an on/off switch and power status LED.
- Includes fitted Edge Connector for the BBC micro:bit to slot into.
- Power the board via either a terminal block or servo style connector.
- The 3V and GND pins are also broken out on the Link header, allowing external devices to be powered.
- Code with the Microsoft MakeCode editor with custom blocks by Kitronik or with Python.