Add motor driving capability to your BBC microbit with the Kitronik compact motor driver board! This motor driver board allows two motors to be driven simultaneously with forward, reverse & stop control making it the perfect solution for designs such as buggies. This board also has built-in short circuit, over current and thermal protection.
The board has a edge connector integrated allowing easy connection with a micro:bit. It also features external connections to the a and b button inputs which allos additional switches and inputs to be connected to the motor driver board.
There are 2 additional inputs/outputs on the board which can be used for connecting a range of parts that can be used in either digital or analogue modes.
Power is provided to the board via a servo style connector or a terminal block, supply is then controlled by an on/off switch on the board. The board also produces a regulated 3V supply that is fed into the 40 way connnector to power the inserted BBC micro:bit, removing the need to power the micro:bit directly.
Kitronik has produced a set of custom blocks for the MakeCode editor to simplify using the Compact motor driver board. To add them to the editor, select the cog icon in the top right of the editor. Then, select Extensions from the drop-down menu and in the search bar type and enter Kitronik. Pick the Kitronik motor driver tile from the list and the new blocks will be added to the menu in the editor.
- Perfect for designs such as buggies and other robotics projects.
- Ability to drive two motors with full forward, reverse and stop control.
- Terminal blocks built in for easy connection of motors and inputs.
- 2 additionsl inputs/outputs can be used in either digital or analogue modes.
- Features an on/off power switch with power status LED.
- Built in edge connector for the micro:bit to easily slot into.
- Provides regulated power to the BBC micro:bit.
- Program with the MakeCode editor or with Python.