With this Bulldozer add-on for :MOVE mini for the BBC microbit, everyone's favourite little programmable robot buggy just got much better. Robots often do more than just :MOVE from A to B, and with this add-on so can :MOVE mini. Previously on :MOVE mini, we; drew shapes, controlled it via bluetooth, controlled it with a second microbit, and we also coded a variety of light shows. Now, it can totally lift and carry stuff too! This self assembly bulldozer add-on kit is made from the same materials as :MOVE mini, designed in keeping with the :MOVE mini aesthetic, and also comes with the servo required to move the bulldozer add-on up and down. There is a very simple Servo:Lite board hack that enables the control of the third servo, you can find out how here. Once the kit is fully assembled, the bulldozer arm can be coded with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor.
Note: In order to use this accessory you must enable the third servo functionality to be able to connect the third servo to the Servo:Lite board, some soldering is required in order to do this. The header pins required for this are supplied with this kit. Also, enabling the third servo disables the onboard ZIP LEDs. If you undo the third servo hack and return the board to its original state, the onboard ZIP LEDs will be re-enabled. We have produced a short guide showing how to enable the third servo and how to revert this change, read it here.
Note: This kit requires mechanical assembly. This kit requires some soldering.
Note: Kitronik :Move mini Buggy V1 - Bulldozer Add-On does NOT include a BBC micro:bit or :Move mini Buggy Kit. The BBC micro:bit and :Move mini Buggy Kit will need to be purchased separately.
- When attached to :MOVE mini this kit offers a fun introduction to the world of DIY robotics
- Code it with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor
- Use in conjunction with an App and control it over Bluetooth
- Use the radio function and a second microbit as a controller
- 1 x Set of Buldozer parts
- 1 x Mini 180 Degree Servo
- 4 x M2 6mm Pan head steel screw
- 4 x M2 Hex Full width nut
- 2 x Counter sunk M3 screw
- 3 x Straight PCB pin headers (The same pin type found in these pin headers)
- Length: 110mm
- Width: 50mm
- Height: 75mm
- 1 x :MOVE mini for the BBC microbit kit
- 1 x BBC microbit