The Project Box for Raspberry Pi contains all the components needed, together with easy to follow instruction cards, to complete 10 simple projects involving LEDs, a thermistor, phototransistor and switches and is an ideal starting point for anyone new to electronics and the Raspberry Pi.
This kit is an improved and updated version of the now retired Electronics Starter Kit for Raspberry Pi
A 40+ page booklet by Simon Monk (author of the Raspberry Pi Cookbook and Programming Raspberry Pi) is free to download and explains how to use the kit and build the projects.
Monk Makes Project Box 1 Includes
- 1x Solderless breadboard
- Male to male jumper wires - Use to connect things together
- on the breadboard.
- Female to Male Jumper Wires
- Use to connect the Raspberry Pi to the breadboard.
- 1x Raspberry Leaf – to identify pins on the Raspberry Pi
- 5x 470Ω resistors (yellow, purple, brown stripes)
- 2x 1kΩ resistors (brown, black, red)
- 1x 4.7MΩ resistor (yellow, purple and green stripes)
- 1x 330nF capacitor
- 2x Red LED – the longer lead is the + (positive) lead
- 1x RGB LED – the longest lead is the – (negative) lead
- 2x Tactile push switch
- 1x Phototransistor
- 1x Thermistor
- 1x Buzzer