This RTC & Klimate board is a Real Time Clock (RTC) and environmental sensor (BME280) interface for the BBC microbit. The environmental sensor will give the ability to measure temperature, barometric pressure and humidity. The RTC will give the ability to read current time and date.
The board produces a regulated 3V supply that is fed into the edge connector to power the inserted BBC micro:bit, removing the need to power the BBC micro:bit directly. The coin cell holder allows a CR2032 battery to power the real time clock to continue keeping time whilst there is no mains power being supplied to the board and BBC micro:bit. Power to the board can be supplied either via the Terminal blocks or the boards USB connector. Note: This USB connector is only for power supply and not for data transfer.
Kitronik have added custom blocks for the RTC & Klimate board to the Microsoft MakeCode editor. The blocks can be added to the editor by; clicking the cog in the top right of the editor. Then select 'Add Package' from the drop down menu. This will open a dialog box with a search field, type Kitronik into the search field. This will bring all of our custom block sets, scroll down to the RTC blocks and select them. The blocks will now be added to your menu and can be used in your programs.
- Add Real Time Clock and environmental sensing capabilities to the BBC micro:bit
- The coincell battery ensures that the RTC & Klimate board continues to keep time when the board is not connected to a power source
- It features and expansion port for 3v I2C devices, such as an OLED display or ZIP LEDs
- Write code using the MakeCode Editor
- Code with ease, courtesy of the custom blocks that have added to the MakeCode Editor
- When the RTC & Klimate board is powered, it will also power the inserted microbit