The Grove shield for micro:bit is a plug-and-play grove extension board for micro:bit, the shield acts as a bridge for micro:bit and our grove system, which provides hundreds of different grove modules including sensor, actuator, communication, display etc. that will broaden micro:bit’s ability in creating more projects easily and quickly.
As an extension board, the grove shield for micro:bit integrated 4 grove connectors on board and reserves extra 4 pin outs if users need more grove connector. Apart from that, we have also reserved some pinout that has special functions such as P0, P1, P2 that have touch function, so that you can build project like fruit piano. Or you can simple use crocodile clip to connect the pinout, just like what you can do on micro:bit. Thirdly, with the on-board micro USB interface, you can power micro:bit from the grove shield.
- 4 Grove ports to cover different interfaces
- Edge connectors for crocodile clip and 4mm banana plugs
- On-board USB port to power up your micro:bit
- Grove Interface: P0/P14,P1/P15,P2/P16,I2C
- Grove ZERO Interface: 1x Grove ZERO
- Logic Interface: 3V3/P0/P1/P2/P8/P12/P13/GND
- DC Interfaces: 1x micro USB
- Dimensions: 72mm x 72mm x13mm
- Gross Weight: 27.5g